Cooking with Toastyy
As winter approaches and snowy days draw near, stepping out to get your morning latte can start to feel like more of a task than a treat. Stay in and get Toastyy instead! With just a few simple ingredients and your Toastyy Tinctures, your favorite teas, coffees and treats can all be made at home! In this post we will be sharing two cafe inspired recipes, both infused with Toastyy CBD tinctures.
VEGAN LEMON LAVENDER DONUTS
Here’s what you’ll need:
(This recipe is split up into 3 parts, see all parts for ingredient breakdown)
- Donut pan
- Non-stick spray
Lemon Lavender Infused Sugar:
- 3/4 cups of cane sugar
- 1 TSP of dried lavender
- 2 TSP of lemon zestDoughnut mix:
- 1/2 dropper of Toastyy’s Full Spectrum Orange 900mg tincture (1mL)
- 1 cup of oat or almond milk
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 TBSP unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 TSP vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups pastry flour
- 1/2 TSP salt
- 2 TSP baking powder
- 3/4 cups lavender infused sugar *above recipe
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1-2 TSP of lemon zest
For the Lemon Lavender Infused sugar
- In a small blender, add in ½ of the cane sugar with all of your dried lavender and lemon zest. Blend 2-3 minutes until a well-blended powdered sugar forms.
- Add the blended sugar mix to a small container and mix in the remaining half of the sugar. You can use the sugar right away or let it sit for up to 1 week for a stronger flavor.
For the Lemon Lavender Donuts:
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Add the oat/almond milk and apple cider vinegar to a large mixing bowl and use a fork or whisk to combine. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes until the milk slightly curdles and forms a “vegan buttermilk”.
- Once the milk has curdled, add in the lavender lemon infused sugar, olive oil, apple sauce, Toastyy CBD and vanilla bean paste/extract. Whisk to combine.
- Next, add in the pastry flour, salt, and baking powder. Make sure to add the pastry flour first and pile the other ingredients on top. Then, use the whisk to mix into a thick batter. Do not over mix the batter- some lumps are okay as long as there are no large streaks of flour throughout.
- Prep your donut pan by spraying it with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350F for 11-13 minutes. For my oven, I found the doughnuts were best at 12 minutes. The donuts should be firm enough to remove from the pan without breaking, yet not browned and crunchy.
- Invert the cooked donuts onto a cooling rack to release. Let cool to room temperature before dipping into the glaze.
For the Lemon Lavender Glaze:
- Add the sifted powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest to a bowl and use a fork to whisk together until a thick glaze forms.
- Dunk the cooled donuts into the glaze and add on any toppings including lemon zest, dried lavender, or fresh slices of lemon.
- Let the donuts dry on a cooling rack until the glaze hardens. Then, serve and enjoy! Recipe courtesy of shortgirltallorder.com
- You can let the mixture sit overnight before baking to allow the lavender flavor to better steep into the batter.
- Either our Vanilla Broad Spectrum or Orange Full Spectrum tincture taste great in this recipe!
There’s a latte love about CBD! From stress and anxiety relief, to reducing inflammation, the effects of CBD can help improve your overall mood. Below we are sharing how to make the perfect pick-me-up, a Toastyy chai latte.
CHAI TEA LATTE
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 4-6 drops of Toastyy’s Vanilla Broad Spectrum Tincture
- 1/4 cups of water
- 2 chai tea bags
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 TSP sugar
- 3/4 cups of milk
- Ice *optional
- In a small pot, heat 1/4 cups of water and cinnamon stick until the water comes to a low boil.
- Pour water into a mug and steep your chai tea.
- After 3-5 minutes, remove the tea bags and cinnamon stick. Add in sugar and mix until dissolved.
- In a glass, mix together milk and Toastyy CBD.
- Pour in the tea concentrate you just created. Serve either hot or over ice. Enjoy!
- This can be made with other black teas!
- This can be made with other black teas! You can also add in one shot of espresso to make it a dirty chai.